POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : For fun: half full glass : For fun: half full glass Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  For fun: half full glass
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 15 Apr 2000 11:20:05
Message: <38F8879E.732977CB@my-dejanews.com>
Is there a procedural way to set up a cylinder so that it looks like
it's half full of liquid--liquid that refracts, interacts with photons,
etc?   I know how to make the whole cylinder look like a liquid: I want
to be able to animate the level at which the liquid resides, etc.

I tried this a few times with setting up a gradient y in the pigment,
but this never had quite the right effect.  Are there interior maps or
is there some way to do this with the pigment?